Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"Our idea of a fortress is generally of a hard, granite building where one would be safe but, a the same time, sadly uncomfortable. There are other types of fortresses, however that are soft, tender and full of comfort.
This Psalm (Psalm 91) describes them--"He shall cover thee with his feathers" (Psalm 91:4) Just as the mother hen covers her helpless little chickens in the fortress of her warm and brooding wings, so our God protects us in the fortress of His tender love."


"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in Him will I trust."
~Psalm 91:1-2


Excerpt from Hannah Whitall Smith's book The God of all Comfort

5 comments:

Aimee said...

LOVE the book God of all Comfort...that's a good one and worth my re-reading :)

The photos are AWESOME!!! I love seeing your sink and the coffee mug :) Makes me want to come visit so badly!!!

laurel said...

I love seeing glimpses into your home!!

Emily said...

somehow the pics you've posted plus the scriptures are just a sweet refreshment for me today! thank you!

Beverly said...

I needed this little oasis in my evening. Thank you friend. Sorry I've been absent lately. I can't believe you are nearing the end of your pregnancy already. Hugs!

Kristi said...

thank you!!!!