Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Simple Living--continued and continuing

The more I sit and think about "Simple Living", the more it becomes known to me that my thoughts will take longer than a week to write about!! (How's that for "simple"??!!)
Therefore, I am planning to make it an ongoing topic on this blog, focusing on a part of it every week if I can. I will put all the posts I write about it in the category of "Simple Living" or "Abundant Life Living". (see tags) In the meantime, I'd love your links to any of your own posts you've written or anything you want to share.
However, I will say first and foremost, that to keep myself focused on this journey, I have to always go back to the truths of my last post, to keep me on track.
Tami shared with me a verse that I really love:

"But the wisdom that comes from HEAVEN is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere."

Keeping my mind "on things above" ensures that the complexities of my life will be simplified in the refining fire of His truth.

4 comments:

TAMI said...

Ah, yes, where we set our mind. It makes ALL the difference when we lift our gaze away from the swirl around us and onto the face of our Savior and Holy reigning Lord. And yet, sometimes - often times - we get sucked into worries & slipped priorities without even realizing it. Application!!

Monica said...

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I struggle with living simply, but more than that struggle with living obediently. Oftentimes when my life is overwhelmed with "stuff" it has more to do with my walk with the Lord than anything else. I look forward to learning from you.

I wrote last year about women who live simple lives who inspire me http://monica-shineagain.blogspot.com/2008/03/simple-life.html

Joy said...

I love that verse Tami shared. And I love that you are inspiring us to go deeper!

It comes to mind that what we are musing about is what Ann V. calls the 'one-piece' life. What you had to say about the need for silence really struck me, so that's where my musing headed...

http://memoriaarts.typepad.com/memoria_arts_life_in_the_/2009/05/the-space-for-silence.html

Christine said...

I will love reading about your "Simple Living"! It is something that has become very important to me over the last couple of years as well. I'll post and link up at some point.