Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Though


(empty bottles to recycle)
The fig trees might not bud,
The vines might not produce any grapes.
The olive crop might fail.
The fields might not produce any food.
There might not be any cattle in the barns.
But I will still be glad
because of what the Lord has done.
God my Savior fills me with joy.
The Lord and King gives me strength.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer.
He helps me walk on the highest places.
~Habakuk 3: 17-19

Though the cupboards are empty...
Though the bank account is low...

Though I am exhausted...
Though my body is in pain...
Though I am overwhelmed...
Though my time and energy is limited (and depleted)...
Though....
YET will I trust the Lord God. He is my strength.

Please watch this. It will make your day.

7 comments:

TAMI said...

Great video!

Cloverland Farm said...

yes, i love that video. thanks for posting. had a nice time w/ the norwoods. next time you all must join us, or we'll come to you!!! ox

Courtney said...

Thanks for that video! It DID make my day! I think I should start every day with that video!

Check out www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com when you have a chance. It'll also change your life.

laurel said...

That's a great video (and a great verse!). Thank you for sharing it with me.

Sandi said...

Read that same verse this morning, as well as, the Joy of the Lord is my strength...Neh 8:10. I have been thinking/meditating on these and HOW that Joy is our strength.

I will pray for you Andrea and not only for the circumstances to resolve but also for continued trust and rest. When Eli was born last October. My husband lost his job a few weeks before his birth. It was overwhelming on many levels. We didn't have much even with the job. As always God was faithful. In hindsight I could see GOd bringing me to the end of myself so I would rest in Him. It was a painful process and something I still struggle with daily.

Loved the video, having one of those T-shirts wouls start some interesting conversations for sure.

Kristi said...

So needed to read today!!!!!!

Linnie said...

Thanks for reminding me God are my strength, even more when I'm weak. I'm 9weeks pregnant with my 8th baby, being nausea and tired. After my children took what is left, not much energy for housework.
Your blog is very encouraging.
I'm praying for your last few weeks before baby is born!
Love
Linnie (from South Africa)