Monday, June 22, 2009

Wife and mother dressing

I'm drooling over this kimono from plum pretty sugar's etsy shop.
Every time I have a baby I have visions of myself lounging around for 6 weeks in beautiful comfy clothes, in all my matronly glory, rocking and nursing a sweet babe to my heart's content.
It doesn't always end up that way, but a girl can dream, right?

"...another point to keep in mind is that what you wear at home should blend in with the decor. You are the picture, your home the frame. Home may be your husband's castle, but you are the royal homemaker who garbs it and keeps it in running order. The colors, fabrics, and lines of your furnishings reflect your taste and outlook on life as much as your personal wardrobe."

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

That's lovely!!! And the pattern might hide some of the oh-so-cute um, fluids, from the newborn! ;)
I bought one of these gowns after I had my first and loved it. It was also the greatest thing to wear right at the end of the next pregnancy.
http://www.nursinggowns.com
I actually felt pretty in it!

laurel said...

That is a really pretty robe. Did you enjoy that book? It has been on my amazon wish list forever but didn't know if it was worth it...

Plum Pretty Sugar { Between the Seams } said...

Thank you so much for thinking of this Plum Pretty Sugar brand. We love, love Moms... and are so pleased to be a part. xo