Sunday, July 05, 2009

Biting off more than I can chew

In these last days of pregnancy, it's easy to start feeling overwhelmed about the future. How am I going to add one more to this already crazy mix? How am I going to meet everyone's needs? How am I going to survive on little sleep? How the heck am I going to do it all????
It's in those moments when I need to tell myself: One day at a time.
We are given daily bread for each day. Enough grace to make it each day. With a daily dose of the Word, we are only asked to do this day, this moment. Man is born of trouble, but we are not asked to do it past this day.
The antidote for feeling overwhelmed at the many unknowns, is to not bite off more than we can chew. It is to take one day at a time. And that's what I'm telling myself as I wait.

Related:
ht: Elizabeth

1 comment:

Prairie Chick said...

So, so true! With my third and subsequent pregnancies each time I would experience elation and deflation hand and in hand. Excitement over the miracle growing within, despair over how I was going to "manage". And it's all been just fine, one day at a time. You are going to do GREAT!