Monday, July 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


I forgot if I was clear on this: Mama Monday will be taking a break for awhile while I wait on this baby and readjust to life with five children.
Today? The Simple Woman's Day Book.

Outside my window...
Gorgeous weather: low humidity, clear blue sky. I am loving this summer so far!

I am thinking...
Of Joy, Aimee, and Laurel--all due very soon along with myself. (one more week?)

I am thankful for...
My husband wrapping up a very busy week. I think I've seen him a total of one hour all week.

From the kitchen...
This morning? Grits and eggs. And peaches and ice cream for desserts--yum.

I am wearing...
flannel pj pants, t-shirt

I am creating...
a baby in the oven, a Tumblr  page. Like I need another web tool to occupy my time.

I am going...
to be busy today. Errands, chiropractor visit. But I've got all my "to-dos" done for the most part. Now just keeping up with laundry and waiting on this baby. Staying close to home. I'm hibernating!

I am reading...
The Creative Family by Amanda Blake Soule

I am praying...
for two specific worries that keep creeping in my mind. Trying to give them to Him and have peace.

I am hearing...
The washing machine and the girls playing a computer game.

Around the house...
I am loving being able to open the windows every morning and let the fresh, cool air in. Makes me happy.

One of my favorite things...
My chiropractic care this pregnancy. It's been sooo great. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Nada. Zip.Nothing. Try to not go crazy waiting on this baby.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Love it! I have been thinking about you too! It's a waiting game right now :)

Enjoy the Creative Family...I breathe when I read that book.

Wish you would fix me some grits and eggs...that some of my favorites!!

I am going to the chiro at 4pm...wish I had started that sooner this pregnancy! I feel so good afterwards!

laurel said...

I have been thinking about you too...it seems literally like last week that we were both home from church, nauseated, lying on our respective couches, facebooking about the miseries of the first trimester. :) Fun times, to be sure.

I loved The Creative Family. Have you ever read Mitten Strings for God or Gifts from the Sea? Those books do the same for me as The Creative Family...really recharge me for family life and domesticity.