Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The art of letting go

I used to try to get everything done.
Used to think I could.

Then I had five kids.

Now I skip showers for stories.
Lunch for a nap. (or vice versa!)
Cleaning for listening.
Laundry for snuggling.
Homemade dinners for takeout.
Grocery shopping for rocking the baby.
and..
I replace doubt and fear with Trusting God.


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
~Matthew 11: 28-30

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Sweet and poetic! Love you sister!

Anonymous said...

So good, and so true, Andrea.

Thank you for the reminder:)

God is good.

Maddie

Sheila said...

Those are *excellent* priorities, especially for the season of life you are in!

Christine said...

It's too bad it takes experience as a mommy to learn these things! You keep trading the daily stuff for the joys of life! Your priorities are in the right place.

Amy said...

What a lovely piece. I'm going to try to write my own post with your inspiring ideas!

Dorit said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

So glad to have a new post:) eliz c.

lusi said...

Oh you wrote this so beautifully! so familiar!
God's richest blessings to you,
Lusi x