Sunday, November 01, 2009

It's been awhile since I've made a Sabbath meal for my family.
I'm just now feeling like I am starting my "new normal" after having a baby.

I forgot what a gift it is to prepare the family Sabbath dinner.
I am so blessed to be able to do it. I missed it.

I am blessed to have a content baby, children playing outside, husband making a fire, and yummy food to be enjoyed.

Menu:
Roasted Chicken
French Style Green Beans
Roasted Potatoes
Mixed Green Salad with Celery, Pears, Cranberries and Walnuts
Bread Rolls



God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. ~Ephesians 3:20

9 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful! I was just reading some of Henri Nouwen's book, Here and Now, and ingesting the same truth- His Spirit within us. Blessings to you and your family tonight!

Aimee said...

awesome, friend! you *sound* good!

laurel said...

Your house looks so cozy!! Hurrah for the "new normal"!!

Sandi said...

This post made me feel all warm and cozy....and hungry!

Natalie said...

Wow, sounds delicious and looks beautiful! So happy for you!

Linda said...

It looks and sounds wonderful. I think we come to appreciate things even more when we have been unable to enjoy them for a while. I'm so glad you're able to do this again.

children of Eve said...

Beautiful Andrea! I am so happy to see you shining in your "new normal".

Susan @ Heart Pondering said...

With my baby now 11 weeks I have been thinking of 'new normal' for our lives now too so can relate to this... Definitely envisioning it, now just need to have more time to live into it and help it start feeling normal.

Thanks for the recommendation of "Stepping Heavenward." I read it based on your input and adored it. I just posted on the description that the author's husband wrote of her as an 'exceedingly strict' mother, which intrigued me...
[http://heartpondering.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/thoughts-on-strictness/]

I appreciate you and your e-influence on me and my mothering.

lusi said...

I just loved these images so much! What a beautiful way to be blessed on a Sabbath rest.
Love in Christ,
Lusi x