Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Hello!

I realize I've neglected this little place for quite some time. There are a lot of reasons why. I had a baby in July--my fifth--and that has taken up a lot of my time!! Having a fifth child has been a big adjustment for me. But I think I've found my new groove, and hopefully it will just get more and more comfortable. I will say I am loving being a mother to five children. So many little people to occupy my days with, to laugh with, to cry with, to love on. I am so blessed!
Another reason why I think I haven't been here more often is because I am processing so much LIFE right now. This past year has been a time of learning so much about myself and about the Lord. It has truly been a paradigm shifting experience where I have examined so many things about myself and my life to make sure I am truly living it for Him. It has been painful, joyful, and enlightening all at once. There's still so much I would like to say, but find I don't have the words for it just yet. I thought about quitting blogging, but realized I've already poured so much of myself into this place that I don't want to give it up. So I'll continue. But I'm not sure how yet.
And lastly, I think I've neglected this blog because I have just been living and enjoying LIFE. When you experience deep darkness in your life, the flip side is that you become more grateful, more faithful, more joyful, more GRACE-ful. Romans 8:28 "For God works ALL THINGS to the good of those that love Him."
Not sure how much I will be posting this month. But I plan to be back on a semi-regular basis starting in January. But then of course I could post every day next week! Funny how that happens. Just wanted to pop in and say hello to all my readers and friends who have been a part of this blog. You all have enriched my life so much with the connections. Thank you and I will be back soon!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to read your cheery post. :)
Maddie

Janel said...

{hugs} Glad to hear you're doing well.

I've struggled with the same "processing" thing for the last year and a half or so. Silence is golden.

Hugs those little ones for me. : )

Linda said...

I am so new to your blog and am just getting to know you Andrea. I look forward to future posts. I think you will have much to share.

babydoc said...

Lovely to hear from you, you take your time... thinking, meditating, living, but we look forward to your blog presence when you're ready to come back:-)

Happy Christmas to you if you don't sign in before then.

Liz, UK

Christine said...

I'm not sure what your dark times have been, but I could have written this post myself! Well, except for the 5th child part (though we would have loved a 5th!). Growing through darkness produces such rich depth in life and faith! Looking forward to reading more from you!

Sara said...

*hugs* so glad to see you back. xxoo

L.L. Barkat said...

To everything a season.

We will wait for you, as one waits for Spring through Winter...

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
Your posts have been so incredibly uplifting and have reminded me that my many shortcomings are just a reminder of my need for a Savior. I have shared your posts with many friends. Thanks for your humility and always pointing to where our strength and wisdom must come from. The simple truths and your daily trial and tribulations have changed my faith and understanding of what daily trust looks like. You have blessed my family . I wish you a very Merry Christmas and thank you for your willingness to share your walking by faith.
Love,
Diana B.
Indiana, Pa

Sandra Boersema said...

you know I ENJOY YOUR BLOGS..DON'T GIVE THEM UP...
YFA SANDRA

Heather said...

I am so glad to see this post. I was hoping you wouldn't give this place up. Much love from one busy mommy to another.

Prairie Chick said...

love ya. will take whatever you find time to give. :)

Anonymous said...

The Lord just spoke to me through this post. Thanks for writing it.