Wednesday, January 06, 2010

"Like candy"

I can't take all the credit for this.
My wonderful sister-in-love made this for us on New Years' Eve.
(do you have a sister-in-love? it's a sister-in-law who you love so so soooo much.)
It's now my new favorite.
Roasted beets and steamed, sauteed beet greens.
A perfect winter dish.
First...peel and dice the beets. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and a sprinkling of sugar.
Place on a lined pan and roast at 400 until soft.

Take those luscious beet greens and steam them.
Then toss in olive oil and saute for about 2 min.

Mix the beets and greens together in the pan to warm.
Can you say "deeee--lish"?
The best thing?
Tell your children it's like candy.
They'll eat it. I promise.
(thanks, Helen (my sister-in-love)

8 comments:

STEPHANIE. said...

oh wow...looks so yummy, I might have to give it a whirl. happy 2010! :)

Sara said...

Yummo! This is probably one of my favorite things ever. Love love love beets. I just discovered how much I love beet greens too. Delish. Let's make this when we are out there this fall. Yay! My mom calls Matt her "son-in-love" :)

Aimee said...

really? like candy? as good as sour patch kids?? :)

Young Mom said...

That does look awesome!

Mac an Rothaich said...

Oh nice, been wanting to do something with my beet greens and this sounds great!

Rain said...

I'm definitely going to make this. And thanks for the link to the Tamra Davis website. I'm hooked!

Cloverland Farm said...

yuuummmmm.

Andrea said...

Aimee--not quite like sour patch kids!! LOL But they are good!