Saturday, January 09, 2010

Love them anyway....

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

~credited to Mother Teresa

8 comments:

Dorit said...

I like this quote, but alway think at the end that we should do things both "anyway" and "because". Like, I need to create because there is healing in creating, not just because it is a thing between me and God, etc. But good list!

And your new blog-look! Amazingly beautful, so clean and sharp, but fun and warm at the same time

Courtney said...

I've always loved this quote. Love your new blog do-over!

Andrea said...

Dorit, i so agree with you.....
I like this quote because to me it is saying, that you must obey the Lord despite what people may do or say. Simple, really, but we can make it so complicated.

But I also think that if we are truly listening to the Lord and obeying Him that He *will* guide us to create, not just because we are *doing it* but because He guided us to for our own good and b/c He knows what is best for us...

Thanks for the complement, Dorit, and always for your comments....enjoy hearing from you!

Linda said...

I have been thinking about the need for approval (because I am so guilty of that) and how far too often I am more concerned with what other people will think than I am about what the Father thinks. I think this quote says it perfectly.
Thank you Andrea.

Melissa said...

I really needed to read this today. I reposted (and linked to you) on my blog, hope that's OK. I'm liking your blog makeover.

Karen said...

This is a very timely post for me. These ideas have really been swirling in my head lately. It is a time for growth between God and me. Thank you for being another of His reminders.

Miriam said...

I always so appreciate Mother Teresa's perspective on loving and self-giving. Thanks for sharing this!

The new blog look is so nice, and it's a lovely picture of you, too.

Sandi said...

Love this quote.

When I read it I thought about how each of us has a place to create, to serve ect. because of God himself. We each are designed in a unique way inside God's order and we can't let others change that. Obeying God in the gray areas looks completely different for each of us.

Does that make sense?

This is particularly timely for me. We were honest with someone and feel we were decieved. I find this one the hardest to follow through on....I just want to become cynical and blow them off. But that's not what I am called to do but to contniue to trust and believe God has a plan even in this.

Thanks for sharing.