Sunday, January 03, 2010

Make me something good to eat

We are a (mostly) vegetarian family. If I cook meat, then it is usually a side dish most nights. I have found it to be a challenge over the years to feed my children vegetarian meals without always resorting to beans and rice or pasta. They will eat their vegetables, but not "all mixed together" and there are some certain vegetarian dishes that my husband and I will eat, but are just, well...weird.

I discovered Tamara Davis and her
fabulous cooking show on You Tube a few months back. I was instantly smitten with her easy, simple, fresh way of cooking for children. I ordered her cookbook and I was so pleased with it. No fussy, take forever vegetarian recipes. These are easy, quick and kid-and-adult-friendly vegetarian recipes to add to your repertoire. For example--pesto pasta is "Shrek Pasta". "Green and Orange Muffins" are simply muffins with carrots and zucchini and *gasp* spirulina to make them more appealing to the children. Davis eats fish, so there are plenty of good fish recipes included in here.
If you are looking to add more vegetarian recipes to your menu, and you have small children, this is the perfect book. Don't forget to watch some of her cooking shows!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Joy said...

Thanks for adding yet another book " I just gotta have" to the Amazon wish list I am seriously avoiding the temptation of. Because, of course- my library doesn't carry it. One of the few downsides of living in a small town. *grins* I'll have to go check out the shows when I get a chance.

Miriam said...

I may have to check this out - I have been been wanting to add more simple vegetarian meals to our diet. Thanks!