Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Seeing green

I was driving down the road this afternoon and was hoping to see green buds beginning to grow on the trees. The mild weather we've had the past couple of days here have made me ready for Spring. I'm so ready for winter to be over! I know, I know, it's only January. I have no hope of any kind of Spring here until at least May. Oh well, maybe the groundhog won't see his shadow and we'll get an earlier Spring. But for now, I'm seeing green in my house today.....you know, in honor of those green buds that will be arriving soon.....soon!!

Green apples in a jar on my counter

Green buds on my lilies

Lovely green worn paint on my computer desk

Yummy green cilantro rice on the stove

Lettuce in my favorite green bowl.

Seeing green? Hoping for Spring? 

8 comments:

Natalie said...

I love it :) I was hoping for an early spring too but it getting cold out there again *sigh*

TAMI said...

Great theme! LOVE the desk!!

Betsy said...

you are way too cute. i like this post. the only color i'm finding in apartment today is rainbow of CLUTTER! haha!

Momma to Bug said...

Love this post! Thanks for the reminder that Spring is just around the corner. How's that baby boy of yours doing? My baby girl is almost four months already. Time flies to fast.
-Desiree

Emily said...

SOO hoping for spring! more than ever this year ... i think that walking thru this season (both literally and figuratively) of darkness and "funk" has created an even deeper longing for spring.

and until the buds show, i am soaking in the One Who supplies peace; who meets me where I am and Who is the abundant life-giver.

emily

Linda said...

I can picture just where you are now Andrea. I remember looking at the barren landscape and longing for spring. How clever of you to just bring it into your home in so many beautiful ways.
Spring will come. In the meantime, you are bringing a bit of spring into your home.

DustyLu Interiors said...

Great post ! love you blog! look forward to your posts! lulu

MrsAlbrecht said...

Thanks for your post on seeing green and thinking of spring! I am now adding "flowers" to my grocery list because of it.. need to see something cheery! Getting snow blindness over here ;)