Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A thoughtful gift

A good friend gave me a crocheted garland that she made today. I couldn't wait to go home and hang it up. It has all my favorite colors in the whole wide world: turquoise, red, hot pink. I love it when people take the time to give thoughtful gifts. It only takes a little more time and energy to make a huge difference.

I've got it hanging on my favorite turquoise cabinet. I think the cabinet and the garland are now my two favorite things in the house--besides the people, of course.
Thanks, Dorothy!

10 comments:

TAMI said...

Isn't it AMAZING that people take TIME for us??! A treasure for sure1

Aimee said...

so precious and LOVE LOVE the garland. a treasure!

Jen said...

Wow! Very sweet. I love those colors together. How fun for you!

Stacy said...

Ooh, it is beautiful! SO thoughtful! :)

Mac an Rothaich said...

It is so pretty and all the more beautiful knowing it was a thoughtful gift from someone:)

Eve said...

The garland is so beautiful and so "Andrea".

Linda said...

It is perfect Andrea! I love a handmade gift the very best of all. To know that someone took the time and care to make something especially for me is so special!

Betsy said...

I agree, Eve, SO ANDREA!! What a sweet treasure, what a sweet friend.

Natalie said...

How sweet! Hope it is brightening your day :)

Earth Mama said...

What a lovely blog! Gorgeous garland as well, has inspired me to stitch up one for us!!

Thanks for sharing!!