Tuesday, March 09, 2010

My room of my own


“The stay-at-home mom struggles less with being overworked, than with a kind of boredom or intellectual acedia. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Without a room of one’s own, without a housekeeper, without a lot of money, without sacrificing the well-being of one’s kids, the stay-at-home mom can exercise the freedoms of the creative class, if we allow ourselves. My room of my own is my head, and I inhabit it with varying degrees of contentment all day every day.”
via Betty Duffy

5 comments:

Prairie Chick said...

Brilliant. I call it my "zone". :)

Famaddict said...

Just a couple of hours ago I was trying to explain to my hubby this very concept of needing a creative outlet more than a break from work.
~L

emily said...

i absolutely love it. i am starting to learn what this means more and more. thanks for sharing. =)

Linda said...

I love this too Andrea!

Children of Eve said...

AMEN!!