Thursday, April 29, 2010

Every other Thursday



Every other Thursday night my good friend Eve hosts a "ladies craft night" at her house.
It is such an ingenious idea:

{me knitting}

{my knitting basket}


It's a few of us that sit around her kitchen table, knitting or crocheting....


....eating good food together....


{baby blanket for a baby much prayed for}


Eve is so talented and crafty and so generous in sharing her crafty knowledge with all of us.


But my favorite part of every other Thursday?
the fellowship.
the laughter.
the prayers.
the sharing of hearts.
living in community.

8 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Indeed, they said that friends are God's way of taking care of His people on earth.

Linda said...

I was part of a group just like that years and years ago. It really is such a wonderful idea. I'm so glad you get to do that!

Aimee said...

yea! love love love love it! and the photos are beautiful too.

babydoc said...

Priceless, I miss my community! Enjoy yours x

emily said...

what an amazing idea ... i love this! the sweetness of coming together, creating both beautiful treasures and relationship. thank God for this!

Cloverland Farm said...

so fun! now that i'm a mom i'm aiming for an every other week girls night in the neighborhood.

Children of Eve said...

Andrea-
your pictures are beautiful! If I wasn't really there, after reading your post I would wish to be. We have a very precious thing. I hope this will inspire others to encourage community in their own lives.

Tracey Monroe said...

How precious! What a wonderful gift your group is to one another. It's inspiring.