Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday five (beauty edition)

Five of my favorite beauty products:

I love the creamy eye shadow. Easy to put on, and it brightens my eyes without looking overdone.

Sorry, I could never go Poo free. I love my Aveda shampoo too much. I love the scent and it's great for my hair.











3. Basic Organics Lip Ointment. I found this in a mom and pop drugstore near my home on a whim. I love the big container it comes in, and it's perfect for shining up my lips in a quick moment.




4. Pedicures. When my toes are clipped and painted, I "feel" like something in my life is put together.

5. Regular haircuts. It's only in the past year that I have paid attention to trimming my hair on a regular basis. It keeps my hair healthy and it's an easy way to also feel "put-together".

What are your beauty faves?

4 comments:

Famaddict said...

I guess I'm more of a tomboy than I realized, because I thought you were pretty low maintenance, but all I could come up with was that I enjoy the luxury of a morning AND nighttime shower, and lip balm. If I'm feeling really fancy, I throw some coverup under my eyes. :-) Now that I don't have a baby anymore, maybe I'll make more of an effort to be "feminine."

Andrea said...

L~
i am pretty low maintenance!!! LOL. I thought these were all pretty down to earth? I got tired of not taking care of myself. so I splurge on the pedicures and the shampoo and regular haircuts. Simple and makes a diff. =)

Kathi @ A Mother's Prayers said...

Painted toes DO make a big difference. I use powder, blush, mascara (pink and green cheap-o maybelline, it's the best) and LOVE my Burt's Bees Honey LipBalm.

I'll have to try the nice shampoo and regular trims...better than highlights and tanning, yes?

Anonymous said...

Well...I went for years w/out haircuts and I now get a cut and color every couple months! I love it! I have gone gray early :( and while lots of people like to say, "oh! gray is so beautiful!" none of them have it and I like me better as a brunette (and sometimes blond highlights :)

maddie