Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's day gift

Want to know how to get a cute little handprint like this?
(Man, it's cute.)

Buy basic black frames at your local craft store. (I have five children, so I bought five frames.)


Get each of your children's handprints on watercolor paper. I used a big stamp pad to get their handprints. (I look at this lineup of children in disbelief sometimes. All different size handprints. all different people, all different personalities, all different needs, and I am their caretaker? Lord, help me. ((I mean that.))

The cheap black frames usually come with matting. Position your handprints in the matting.

And..Viola!
You have a Father's Day gift for the father of your children! (Or birthday, or whatever.)
(side note: I wrote their names in the bottom right hand corner of the prints and put the date.)

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I LOVE those! Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

I want some too.

Mimi

Linda said...

A perfect gift Andrea. There is something infinitely special about a handmade gift.