Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sabbath

Trading silly bands.


Towels drying outside.

Texting daddy.

Candles.



If to distant lands I scatter
If I sail to farthest seas
Would you find and firm and gather 'til I only dwell in Thee?
If I flee from greenest pastures
Would you leave to look for me?
Forfeit glory to come after
'Til I only dwell in Thee


If my heart has one ambition
If my soul one goal to seek
This my solitary vision 'til I only dwell in Thee
That I only dwell in Thee
'Til I only dwell in Thee


~Brooke Fraser "Hymn"

2 comments:

Clare said...

I love that on the other side of the world you are listening to Brooke Fraser! I'm from New Zealand where Brooke Fraser is from and we love singing her songs as part of our services at church, as well as hearing her on the radio. I love how small the world is sometimes :)

Ginger said...

Hello,
I found you from Katherine's blog... was so encouraged by your posts. The flowers - how typical of our Lord to bless your socks off with TWO boquets.
I so enjoy this song of Brooke's as well.

Blessings - hang in there with your little tribe, and may the JOY of the Lord be your strength today.