Thursday, August 05, 2010

the fifth of august






Tostados are one of our family staple dinners. Remind me and I'll show you how to make it with step by step pictures a la Pioneer Woman. Easy peasy!!
Making dinner for my family is one of my most favorite things to do.
Sure, by the end of the day, I'm tired, frazzled, and quite often feel like a martyr (all this work I do for them!), but there's nothing like sitting down all together, getting nourished by food and connection. It's the easiest way for me to make memories with my family. (and take-out pizza every Friday night helps break up the week!)

8 comments:

Linda said...

This looks absolutely scrumptious Andrea! I'm not the best cook in the world, bit I agree, it's so nice to eat together.

Stacy said...

Mm! That is my kind of food! :)

What are your tomatoes marinating in?

Andrea said...

Stacy, I roasted them with on a baking pan in the oven for 350 and before roasting them tossed them with some olive oil salt and pepper. =)

Betsy norwood said...

Yummm. I wanna come over!!!!

Natalie said...

Just wanted to say that your posts these days are so full of peace. I leave here with a contented smile each time. Love you!

Miriam said...

Looks so beautiful and yummy!

Kate said...

Here's your reminder: post how to make this yummy recipe! :)

karijo said...

oooohh, andrea,
i'm coming for dinner.
that looks a.maz.ing.
xo
kj