Monday, September 20, 2010

The law of kindness...

I cleaned out my bag that I took to the
on Saturday.
Can you see?
Lots of tissues.
Lots of notes.
Here is the main thing I have learned:
to be kind.
Jesus' kind of Kind.

"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue [is] the law of kindness."
~Proverbs 31:26

The law of Kindness.
One thing she said that tripped me up:
"Kindness is not weakness."
Oh, boy, that got me.
Big time.
It made me cry.
I don't want to be taken advantage of because of my kindness.
When someone treats me unkind, and I am just being kind to them, I want to be treated with kindness!!!
Don't you?
It doesn't always happen...with non-Christians, even Christians.
Now that is hard to understand.
But I can't let others define me.
Can't let the World define me..
put me in a box, a mold,
squeeze me.
No, I must renew my mind with the Word, not the World.
If God says to be Kind, then I will.
If someone doesn't respond to my kindness...
so what?
I did what God wanted me to do.

(more on kindness later.....this event was sooo good!)

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Lots of great thoughts to ponder in here... There is on situation in my life right now where it feels downright impossible to be kind. I need to meditate on "Kindness is not weakness."

Linda said...

She is one of my very favorite Bible teachers. I never come away from one of her studies the same.
I love this Andrea. I think it is true that we do associate kindness with weakness. but it is what Jesus has called us to.
Thank you for sharing this. I look forward to more!

children of eve said...

AMEN!!!!
Man's ideas of what is strength and what is weakness are backwards.Being obedient to God is difficult but that is where our strength is found.

Anonymous said...

So, so good friend. Good words.

I was pretty solid with submitting to what God's ways are. But newer to me, although it seems very obvious....is to consider Jesus and how he was treated. He was perfect and yet was despised. So that really makes me think and want to honor my God. It's all mercy that there is anything good about me anyway.
thank you for this good one! Love Mary Brooke

Natalie said...

I so glad you were blessed! My two biggies were "Kindness Wears Down When We Do" and "Kindness Looks Pain in the Face" God is working on these things in me!

Karen said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, especially the scriptural reminder. I needed it today.

Famaddict said...

Funny, I have read Proverbs 31 more times than I could possibly count. Somehow I always thought of it as a description of what a good woman DOES rather than how she BEHAVES. Maybe that's why I'm always so busy DOING and sometimes it gets to be so much that I don't have the energy to BEHAVE as kindly as I should. I'm going to try to find a recording of that seminar, but mostly, I'm going to meditate on Proverbs 31 in a whole new way and pray that it changes me. Thanks. ~L