Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fire God


Tonight we made cookies and hot chocolate before reading our Jesse Tree devotionals.


We lit lots of candles on the table.
Just 'cause I felt like it.
We cut out the lights and I opened to the page...

Much to my surprise, it was the reading of "Fire God"
(I Kings 18:17-39)



"...then the fire of the Lord fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench."

This reading by the fire of candlelight: very appropriate indeed.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

We read by candle light tonight too. Very appropriate.
My middle guy couldn't wait to blow out the candles.

Famaddict said...

Just beautiful! Every time we light candles my youngest sings happy birthday and asks for cake. :-)

corli said...

I love it when God loves us like that! Your pictures are beautiful and warm.