Sunday, January 02, 2011

Tetelestai

The Birth of Christ
by Carl Henrich Bloch

Lord, I am worried about some people in my family with health issues. I am worried if they are taking care of themselves the right way. I am wondering if they will be healed. I am wondering what I can do for them.

Lord, I am worried about my son. Lately he is so whiny and doesn't obey like he should. Is he going to grow up to be a sullen young man?

Lord, my oldest daughter will be going to college in a year!! I am worried if I have raised her in the right way. I am worried about letting her be on her own. Lord, I wonder what else I can do?

Lord, there are so many things to do in a day. I feel like I never get anything done. So much is left unfinished. I know You said Your yoke is easy and Your burden is light. Help me see that in my life.


"Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." John 19:28-30

Lord, I thank you for the finished work on the cross. All my sins are forgiven and paid for. All my anxieties and worries are already solved. Tetelestai. "It is finished."

5 comments:

Sandi said...

Thanks for your words and encouragement. The details would be different but s similar struggle.

Blessings to you
Sandi

Linda said...

I too can easily identify with your concerns and the weight of the burden of things not done Andrea. I am trying to deliberately just slow down and consciously roll those burdens over to Him. The hard part is not taking them up again.
Like you, I am so absolutely grateful for His finished work.

Aimee said...

tetelestai is one of the most comforting truths to me...thank you for the reminder this morning!!

Christine said...

I feel we could all easily be overwhelmed by our worries and discouragements if not for the cross. It is the place where beginnings and endings are unified. The end of our burdens, the beginning of trust; the end of self-centeredness, the beginning of worship. It's such a place of exhalation- I'm glad you're able to feel that amidst your concerns, Andrea. I'm with you in the struggle to let go. :)

Natalie said...

A beautiful medication and application!