2. I love farmer's market fruits and vegetables. Imperfect and fresh. I have a canning tomatoes date with a friend next week. I've never canned before! So I am really looking forward to that.
3. We had VBS this week. The nursery worker told me about my youngest: "He needs to learn the word F-E-A-R." I just laughed. That's my boy.
4. This is a beautiful "prayer wall" at VBS. It was so touching to see all the prayers and notes to Jesus on the wall, as well as the little drawings the children did on it everyday.
5. We went camping for the first time as a family of 7 this summer. I will say it was a success! You should have seen our car, it was packed to the gills. I was worried that we had over packed, but in reality, it was just enough stuff. I guess I need to embrace the fact that with 5 children we will have a lot of "stuff".
6.In addition to canning, I am doing 2 new things this summer. Learning to sew, from my friend Vanessa and my friend Eve, who is a fabulous teacher and seamstress. I am also doing the Couch to 5K running program to "train" for a Mud Run in October. It's fun doing new things.
7. I've really soaked in Summer this year. Trying to be thankful for the sun and the warmth and trying to get outside and enjoy it as much as I can. Almost like saving up the sun and warmth for when winter comes. I'm more aware of the need for that, and the need to live by the seasons.
8. Speaking of living by the seasons, have you purchased
Amanda Soule's new book The Rhythm of Family? It is once again, a book to treasure, as all her other books. An inspiring read.