Tuesday, October 25, 2011

This and that--Five Things.



1. I did a Mud Run. I ran a 5K through the Bronx (Orchard Beach to be precise), through obstacles and through mud. I did it with 4 of my girlfriends. It was one of the most fun things I have ever done. I'm definitely doing it next year. That was 3 1/2 weeks ago. I haven't run at all since then. I hurt my knee and the pain spread to other areas of my body. So I'm hoping it will heal up soon so I can start running again...



2. The Great Closet Clean Out of 2011.
I've been obsessed with editing my wardrobe lately. It started with me cleaning out my closet on Labor Day. I watched Napoleon Dynamite on my laptop while I took everything (everything!) out of my closet and did not bring anything else into my closet unless I could actually fit into it or loved it or had worn it recently. I gave away so many things! It was hard to let go of some stuff, but now I don't even remember what half the stuff was so it doesn't matter. My goal is to have a closet where I can shop in. Items that I love and that say--"me".
Pinterest is helping me actually consider what I would wear and what is my "style". (that sounds so cheesy.) But it is a good exercise in really only having items that you will wear for a lifetime.
3. We've been studying John in a Tuesday morning Bible study I go to. I love how I'm learning that Jesus moves towards the broken. That is His way. Just thought I'd share that.
4. At night, I'm on Facebook or Pinterest, or reading through Ann Voskamp's
1000 gifts book again. I used to blog at night. Not so much anymore.
5. I'm on a salad kick. My favorite is making a salad with all different kinds of raw vegetables and slicing a hard boiled egg on top with some shredded cheese. It's my favorite lunch.
Got any "this and that's" you want to share?

4 comments:

Aimee said...

love this post! sorry about your knee :( but that photo of you in the mud is absolutely awesome!! I cleaned out our closet just a week before the baby came...I felt soooo relieved. I think I could get rid of even more...trying to keep my wardrobe minimalist and wanting all of it to mix and match with each other. No more randomness. God moving towards the broken: been meditating on that very same thing this past month...boy is that comforting. And hooray for Pinterest :) It's the best thing to hit the Internet in a long time!

Betsy Norwood said...

here is my this and that...The flourishing mother then came to MY closet and made me edit everything. it looks beautiful. except it's empty. and now i'm thinking of her every time i swipe my card through the machine as I'm buying my new essentials :)
HAHaHA!! We did cry laughing so hard as I put on some corduroy's that defined the 90's!! She has now become my new personal shopper. xoxo betsy

contentedsparrow said...

love your this & that's! :) i had a closet clean-out, too, switching over from summer to winter things. i'm pretty good about consistently giving things away.....if i haven't worn it or used it in a year....buh-bye.
that mud run photo is sooo great....haha.
and, pinterest is the awesome-est!!!
luv ya!

Cloverland Farm said...

i sooo love that picture of you!!! that is awesome!!! i look forward to joining you next year and am still sorry i missed it. but what about thinking about training for something more? a 1/2 marathon, or the 2012 marathon maybe? i know you can do it.