Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Soul friends


A couple of weeks ago, while visiting my family in South Carolina, I got to spend the day with 2 lovely ladies and 15 great kids.



Some of you know these two amazing ladies. Laurel from the blog Happy at home and Aimee from the blog Living Learning and Loving Simply It seems strange to say I "met them online" because I really do feel like I've known them forever. It just stinks that we can't be neighbors.



I know (and hope) that many of you have friends like this. Friends you can share anything with, laugh with, and don't have to explain much to. They just *get it.* I pray you find women like that in your life.
Women who love well and encourage you to do so.

{special gifts from Aimee--homemade vanilla and eggs from her chickens in the most darling packaging}

Aimee opened her home to all these lovely children. I got my baby fix (Laurel has 8 month old twin girls, and Aimee has delicious little (can I say little? haha) Henry. I love when mamas just don't care about how many kids there are. They just open their home for fellowship. I appreciate that.

I'm so thankful to have found support and encouragement with these women. It's a little slice of heaven, to be sure.

“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.” ~C.S. Lewis

7 comments:

contentedsparrow said...

Love, love, love, LOVE this and you should see me right now....I'm just beaming....crazy excited that I get to be a part of YOU all and the love!
Can't WAIT, Andrea!!!!!
{so very soon!}

Aimee said...

awwwww!!!! I am sitting here in bed eating a bagel, drinkin' my joe and just so happy about all this!!! what a gift it is that God has given us these dear friendships...who would have thought!?!? So grateful, so grateful, so grateful.

Alicia said...

Oh, this picture of mass happiness is precious! Yes, we all need a few friends who open their homes. Love that you got to be face to face with your "online friends." I think God smiles when He watches "his girls' gather and celebrate life together.

Linda said...

So glad you were able to have this time together Andrea. You're right - there is nothing like spending time with others who just know your heart.

emily said...

i love this. i am especially struck by your comment about how your friend didn't mind how many kids came over, just generously opened her home. i am blessed with some dear friends like that and their graciousness and loving hospitality just mean SO much.
thank GOD for dear, kindred sister-friends!

Mrs. Pivec said...

Wow! Look at all those darlings on the front steps. I'm so happy that you guys are able to get together every once in a while despite your distance.

Sara said...

What a blessing to have such wonderful friends! I've read both of their blogs, and I"m "friends" with Laurel on FB---we had our twin girls within a few weeks of each other & I also have 4 older kids 10 & under--so similar life situations. Even though I don't "know" you all personally, you all seem like such beautiful people, and I'm glad you've been graced with such precious friendships. It is truly a gift!