Monday, August 20, 2012

So here's how it happened....


We decided we were going to plant roots. We have lived here for close to 13 years and sadly, it never really felt like "home". So we decided to plant roots. It felt great to finally make that decision after so many years of wandering and wondering.
So one night, as my husband and I were talking about planting roots, he casually mentioned he would like to find a house to settle in for "one last time." We have lived in four different places since we have been in New York. The place that we are in now, we have been in for 8 years. I am happy here, I am content. But when your husband casually mentions looking for another house, then what do you do, wives? Yes! Go straight to the internet and look for houses!!!! :)
So that is exactly what I did. And I found *this* house. It was perfect. Perfect price, perfect land, perfect house. God, is this where you want us? Never mind we were in no position to move, or sell our current house. "Honey, let's just go look." And so we did. And my husband fell in love. Which he never does. I am always the one with the big dreams and plans and he is the one to calm me down. So when he was excited about this place, I just stood back and watched him dream. And followed his lead.

It wasn't easy! And I learned that maybe, just maybe, God's ways are not easy. But they are about trusting Him, being intertwined with Him in prayer through it all, and not rushing or forcing any situation that is not meant to be. So it didn't work out perfectly, but I know the Lord was in it all.

I look forward to sharing with you all this next chapter in our journey.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

9 comments:

Joy said...

It is so beautiful Andrea! I can't wait to hear the rest of the story. I've fallen in love with it, and I can't wait to see what you all do with it.

Stacy said...

Oh, Andrea! It is just beautiful! Exciting. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

Aimee said...

didn't work out perfectly!?! text me :)

Janel said...

Absolutely wonderful! I'm so happy for you!

We've been here 8 years as well, but God hasn't said, "Go", yet.

Enjoy the journey. : )

debbie bailey said...

Great house and yard! Show us lots of inside shots, too. Have you moved in yet?

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous Andrea. That tree...oh my... we were married near a tree like that. Amazing grounds. warmly from Mary Brooke

Eve said...

Andrea- I am so glad you are feeling comfortable staying in NY. I know it has not been easy for you. Your new home looks amazing! I am so happy for you.

Sara said...

Beautiful house & garden! I'm looking forward to hearing more of the story as well. We've been in our house 8 years, have it on the market, but don't see anything we just love yet. It is so hard trusting God sometimes, but it's what we're called to do whether we feel like it or not. You are so right in saying "God's ways are not easy." Blessings!

Kat said...

Hahaha, so funny!!! Loved it and LOVE the pics of your house.