Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Ten thoughts as my oldest daughter goes to college in 17 days



1. It's been lovely but I have to scream now.
2. My baby! Don't leave me!
3. Time goes so fast.
4. Oh, you ungrateful brat. (Hey! Don't judge! I'm being honest here!)
5. I'm gonna miss her....
6. I'm so excited for her to begin this new chapter in her life!
7. I don't envy her one bit.
8. Oh so you think you know it all? You don't! Just wait! 
9. Hurry up and go, already, you are driving me crazy.
10. Boo hoo!!!

10 comments:

jessica kiehn said...

Haha oh i cant even imagine...

Rose said...

i don't think i can ever allow any of my children to leave me, ever.

Aimee said...

LOL

debbie bailey said...

I can so relate to these ten. The first child is the hardest to let go. After that, I'm waving bye as they walk out the door. But letting go of my baby in a few years...that'll be another story, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Haha! so true!

maddie

Anonymous said...

My baby leaves for college in three weeks. It is a very bittersweet time.

Courtney said...

:)
Courtney

Valerie Casey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie Casey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie Casey said...

Your emotions must've been all over the place when you saw your daughter off to college. It’s no surprise that this event came with a sting in the tail for you. After all, this is a reminder of how fast time flies, and she’s no longer a baby. Anyway, I hope she’s enjoying her college life!

Valerie Casey @ The Studemont Group CFS