Tuesday, June 25, 2013

For now.


For now....I am going to close my blog down.


Granted, I haven't been writing here consistently for quite some time, but perhaps that means that I need to take an indefinite break here. I have so dearly loved this place. It gave me a voice when I needed one. It created so many relationships I can't even begin to say. It is hard letting it go.....for now.

This has been a place to share thoughts, preach to myself,  and minister to others. Over and and over it has been confirmed to me that my words here matter. And that they matter to you! And I am so very grateful for that.

Over the past year I have had many changes in my life. My oldest daughter went away to college, a move, loss of some support, husband's work schedule changed, among other things. It has quite honestly been a lot for me to deal with. But isn't that life? ~smile~

I have also learned through the hard times so very much about growing in His grace, love, mercy and forgiveness over the past few years. It has been a sweet, sweet, time of fellowship with Him. I pray earnestly that each of you know that and live that in your own lives. It is the only way I know how to live. It is the best place to be!

So many of my favorite bloggers have stopped blogging for one reason or another. I find I love to go back in their archives and read a post as it applies to my life. For that reason, I will be leaving my blog up...for now.

You are not done with me!! I will continue to write for the Mom Heart blog every month and so you can find me there. I am a writer and will always be a writer and Sally Clarkson's ministry is so dear and near to my heart that I so very much enjoy the opportunity to be a part of her ministry and write for that blog.

My blog has served its purpose in my life....for now.
It has largely been a creative place for me to express myself. I have a feeling I will be back at it at some point. But now is not the right time.

I wish you all knew how much I love and appreciate you all...faceless (and not so faceless) blogging community. You are the best!!

For now.....

Love, Andrea

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 “Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.  For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.


follow me on instagram: @birchmama
email: birchmama@optonline.net


8 comments:

Diana J. said...

Thank you for all you've written! Hope to see you back at some point, but completely understand the need to rest and/or stop. I'm about to do the same thing with one of my blogs.

Cheers!!
Diana

Gypsy_Cowgirl said...

Good for you! I am sad to see you go but so proud of you for making this hard choice. And I am immensely grateful to know I will still have you as a friend. xoxo

Eve said...

We have certainly not heard the last from this flourishing mama! I wish you more and more of the abundant life that Jesus gives and none of us deserves. I will be following you on Mom Heart and wherever else you might pop up. You left us with a wealth of archives to dig into.

You were the one person I went to with my scheme to start my blog, you were so encouraging to me, thank you so much for that!

Sheila said...

This makes me sad but I'm 100% supportive. :) Yours is one of the first blogs I read faithfully. I'll keep up with you on the Mom Heart blog. All the best! - Sheila

Janel said...

I completely understand. I've missed blogging so much, but life has been so full, there simply hasn't been enough room for it.

I pray that God blesses the next season in your life. {hugs}

Candace Crabtree said...

Oh sadness. But I do understand. ((Hugs))

busymomof10 said...

Bummer! I just discovered your blog, and I'm sad that you are on a blogging break. Looking on the positive side, it gives me a chance to catch up on your old blog posts! :) Do you still read comments on old posts?? ;)

I am also a Carolina Girl -- living in Georgia!! I've discovered it is even deeper South than SC! :)

blessings,
Elizabeth

Kendra said...

I was just stopping by to check on you, old friend. I love my little, neglected blogspot too. Maybe we'll meet up again as granny bloggers one of these days ;)